Monday, July 16, 2007

Addendum, or Relativists for Christ

As I was getting ready for bed, it hit me. What kept bugging me about Kierkegaard and his leap of faith.



It's relativism, I tell you. Spurning reason(s) and rationality. Believing because you can. Believing and having "faith" because it makes you feel better. Not because of any shared experiences with other human beings, or because of how and what other people are, say, or do.



And if you believe because you want to. The only arbiter left to resolve conflict and differences between people is force. God is on the side of poll numbers.



I'll have to think this one through. But "relativists for Christ" captures something for me. Of course, a plausible definition of relativism would be helpful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Map of Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors