Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A New Project

I've left some loose ends in some blog postings. But there is one longish project that I'm toying with. Conservative Christians in the USA take as gospel claims that the Founding Fathers were (Protestant) Christian; and that The Founding Fathers intended the shiny, new republic to be and to remain a Christian Republic. These claims are backed up by cherry-picking quotes from the various Founding Fathers. From what I've seen atheists and others opposing this haven't done much better.



My contention is simple: there is a fundamental conflict between how the Founding Fathers constructed the Constitution and Conservative Evangelical Christianity. I would use The Federalist Papers which is the closest thing to an official commentary on the American Constitution that we will ever have.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Map of Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors